Akron-Canton Airport commissioned its upgraded runway 5/23 today. Great opportunity to deploy myriad IMC tactics and generate some positive vibes and a little good will, right?
In fact, CAK’s peppered its audiences with bits and pieces as part of the ramp-up and kept on going right through ribbon-cutting. Here are a few highlights:
- There are photos on TwitPic (and of course tweets to tout ‘em) and cross-posts to Facebook. (Use what you got, remember?)
- Music video montage with archival footage and an adopted theme song, anyone?…
- Prime the local reporters to generate day-of stories in a variety of media? Check, check, check, and check.
- Hold a special celebration for passengers at the departure gate of the first flight that will use the runway (and provide a friendly place in cyberspace for a passenger to post a picture of it)? On it.
- Fire out a press release as soon as the project is complete? Easy. (And don’t forget to post it on the Web site.)
- Splice together a video (HD, of course) and get it online just a few hours after the events depicted therein actually took place? (And have fans waiting eagerly at their computers at the promised upload time?) Done, done, and done:
About all that’s left is the celebration. Cake, anyone?